PolyCom Stabilising Aid saves you the money you need to achieve the triple bottom line - environmental sustainability, financial sustainability and social sustainability.
Environmental sustainability - By stabilising the in-situ road materials instead of traditional re-sheeting, councils and road makers can achieve a significant range of environmental benefits.
A recent life-cycle based assessment comparing a project using PolyCom and a project using conventional methods of re-sheeting revealed close to 90% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions and an 80% reduction in water usage.
PolyCom is a non-acidic, environment compliant soil stabiliser listed with ECO-Buy and the NSW Sustainable Choice program.
Financial sustainability - Roads treated with PolyCom are stronger, more water resistant, and last longer than untreated roads. In fact, councils using PolyCom report a reduction in maintenance requirements of up to a factor of six. The need for costly quarry materials is reduced, and even eliminated in some cases.
A comparative cost study between the cost of maintaining and re-sheeting unsealed roads using traditional methods compared to PolyCom demonstrates road maintenance savings of over 70% per year. This means asset management savings can be redirected into other critical infrastructure projects.
Social sustainability - The tightly bound nature of PolyCom treated unsealed roads makes them significantly more resistant to water damage and traffic wear. Reduced maintenance requirements means less road work disruptions. A stronger running surface means less potholes - and less ratepayer complaints.
PolyCom Stabilising Aid is OHS compliant, safe to work with and easy to apply.
Click on the links below to find out more about PolyCom Stabilising Aid.
- Earthco Projects are a winner in the 2014 Banksia Awards
- 4 ways you can improve your unsealed road maintenance
- Earthco Projects are a winner in 2014 Premier’s Sustainability Awards
- Ipwea 2016 Sustainability conference 2016 Presentation
- Ipwea 2014 Sustainability conference 2014 Presentation
- Tight Road Budget Solutions
- International Public works conference presentation 2013
- Premier’s Sustainability Awards Finalist Earthco Projects and Sustainable Roads
- NSW Sustainable Choice listing for PolyCom Stabilising Aid
- PolyCom is listed on ECO BUY
- Carbon emissions and re-sheeting rural roads
© Earthco Projects 2012